Oregon’s African American Historic Places Bus Tour
Oregon Black Pioneers invite you to a bus tour of historic places associated with Oregon's African American history.
The bus tour particpants to be picked up at Unthank Park at 7:30 a.m. and return at approximately 3:30 p.m.
Come and listen to local historians share information about historic places associated with Oregon's African American pioneers.
Put on your walking shoes, this eight-hour tour will include multiple stops including:
- Portand: Golden West Hotel, narrator: Michael "Chappie" Grice, historian, educator and poet
- Salem: Salem Pioneer Cemetery, narrator: Gwen Carr, Oregon Black Pioneers
- Corvallis: 1855 Hannah and Eliza Gorman House, narrator: Pat and Tony Benner, Owner
- Brownsville: Linn County Historical Society(LCHM) and 1864 Cora Ann Cox Homestead,narrator: LCHM volunteer
- Soap Creek Valley: David and Letitica Carson Homestead, narrator: Bob Zybach, historian and writer